Thursday, February 14, 2008

First place

I was in Phoenix on a State Farm business trip, so I missed the Millikin game. It was great to listen to the WJBC broadcast and follow the live stats as the Titans dismantled the Big Blue though!

I was also following the Wheaton/Augustana live stats at the same time and as Wheaton got up 20 in the second half I started to think to myself, "The Titans are going to be tied for first with 3 games to go."

This has just been an amazing ride with this team. The Titans get key contributions from members of every class and they play so well together as a team. So many non-IWU people have come up to me after games and said something like, "They play so hard..." This truly is a special group.

So it's on to Wheaton Saturday for yet another big IWU/Wheaton game. Over the course of the last 13 years or so, it seems like every Titans/Thunder game has had big CCIW title implications. The evening will get kicked off with a celebration of sorts of the success of these two fine Division III programs as a group of IWU alums takes on a Wheaton alumni team at 5:00pm. The Titans will be led by a trio of former 1st Team All-Americans - Bryan Crabtree (1997), Adam Dauksas (2006), and Keelan Amelianovich (2006). Wheaton will be loaded as well, trotting out former CCIW M.O.P.'s Joel Kolmodin (2003), Rob Hamann (1999), as well as stars like Charles Ridley, Jonathan Steven, and Jon Nielson. If you are heading to the game, just make a full night of it and support the IWU alums at 5:00.

As far the varsity game, it should be another great IWU/Wheaton game...everytime these two teams hook up, it seems like it's a classic.

See you up there!

1 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, February 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be pulling for my Titans. Wish I could isten to the game but my computer does not work for on-line streaming via WJBC. Good luck Titans. LKnapp, '67

 

Post a Comment

<< Home