Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Little Dance

Here is a great article by Bryan Burwell from today's St. Louis Post-Dispatch that captures the essence of Division III. It reminded me of this 2001 article by IWU alum Dave Kindred in the Sporting News after the Titans played in the Final Four that year.

This week I make my annual trip to Salem, Virginia for the Division III Final Four. After covering the Sectional at Wash U this weekend for NCAAsports.com, and seeing the caliber of play, I feel very good about Illinois Wesleyan making a strong push for the Final Four sooner than later. Until then, I recommend any D3 fans try to get to Salem for the experience - the organizers do a wonderful job.

1 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, March 17, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

Two great articles. I had the good fortune to get on the fan bus to Salem my sophomore year in 2006 and it was one of my best memories of my four years at IWU. Even though we left with third place instead of the title, the sheer joy on the 8 seniors' faces at the banquet was something I'll never forget. D-III shows there really are people out there who play their sports at an extremely high level because they love it, and nothing else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home