Thursday, November 15, 2007

Here we go...

Time for this young and exciting Titan team to put the green & white on and go to work. It should be a very interesting weekend of Illinois Wesleyan basketball in Albion, Michigan...the start of a new era.

I have a lot of questions about the 2007-08 Titans at this early stage, three of which are...

1) Can this team defend? I think they will be able to score points, but I have questions about their ability to stop opposing teams consistently. I tell you though, after watching Robert Beauchamp in practice twice this week, I feel a lot better about things -- that kid is an absolute defensive stud. He'll be IWU's best on-ball defender in years.

2) Will Brett Chamernik emerge as a solid low post presence? He's worked very hard to add muscle and get himself in tremendous overall shape, but he' still a couple inches undersized at 6-5. Brett has to find a way to consistently finish around the basket if he is going to be the starting center on this team. I'm rooting for him -- good kid, hard worker.

3) Will Darius Gant turn all of that talent and physical ability into a big year? Gant has the potential to be very good this year. Last season there were too many times he disappeared during games, however. In my mind, Darius is still a big question mark...I'd like to see him erase all doubts early on this season.


Here are some matchup notes from IWUHoops.com. Hope to see a lot of you in Michigan. For those who can't make the trip, join Eric Stock and I on WJBC.

Go Titans!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home