Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Century of Tradition

Dan Ginavan, a classmate of mine at IWU, created a tribute video entitled IWU Basketball: A Century of Tradition. It is made up of historical Titan basketball photographs and video footage, a lot of which Dan has captured himself over the years. It is set to that great Hoosiers music.

The video includes one of my favorite IWU plays ever - Steve Czirjak's block of a 3-pointer and layup @ North Park in 1991-92 in an amazing Titan comeback. I haven't seen that play since I witnessed in it person as a student over 15 years ago.

Dan is currently the Video Production Project Manager at the University of Kansas Medical Center. Drop him a note to thank him for putting this together...it's very cool.

http://www.iwuhoops.com/century.mov

e-mail: dginavan@kumc.edu

1 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, July 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The movie tribute is very well done, and I enjoyed watching it. The footage from the Illinois game is really cool, but my favorite part is the video from the National Championship game.

I also remember that game at North Park and that play. We were down 15 at halftime and 18 early in the second half after they made a 3 point shot. It was next to impossible to win at North Park in the late 80's and early 90's. I wouldn't have believed we could come back and win that game if I wasn't there to see it myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home